VANCOUVER, February 12, 2008 – The Keg Royalties Income Fund (the “Fund”) (TSX: KEG.UN) today announced that its February 2008 distribution of $0.1035 cents per unit has been declared and is payable to unitholders of record as at February 21, 2008. The February 2008 distribution will be paid on February 29, 2008.
The Fund has also confirmed that for 2007, approximately 93.15% of distributions made were considered “other income” and are taxable to Unitholders, with the remaining 6.85% of distributions considered a return of capital.
The Fund is a limited purpose, open-ended trust established under the laws of Ontario. The Fund indirectly owns certain trademarks and other related intellectual property used by Keg Restaurants Ltd. ("KRL") in its Keg Steakhouses & Bars. In exchange for the use of those trademarks, KRL pays the Fund a royalty equal to 4% of the sales of all Keg restaurants in the royalty pool.
Vancouver-based Keg Restaurants Ltd. is the leading operator and franchisor of steakhouse restaurants in Canada and has a substantial presence in select regional markets in the United States. Keg Restaurants Ltd. continues to operate The Keg restaurant system and expand that system through the addition of both corporate and franchised Keg steakhouses. The Keg has been named one of the “50 Best Employers in Canada” for the past six years by the Globe and Mail’s Report on Business Magazine. For more information on our brand visit www.kegsteakhouse.com.
For further information contact:
Karyn Byrne, Investor Relations Manager